Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting used to flying solo

Having given up on the RVE endgame that Mythic is pushing in WAR (BOs, Keeps, Forts, Cities, cheesy 6-mans, mindless zergs), I have embarked on a lonely journey in search for PVP fun. This is, in a way, my proactive attempt at giving WAR one last chance to provide me with a reason to stay subscribed. It's been a few weekends now, and I must admit there is still alot to get used to. I have been tweaking my tactics and gear, and I think I have found a good combination of survivability and versatility to go against whatever I encounter.

What I've found I needed the most work on was understanding the zones: enemy traffic patterns, safe zones, entry points, exits, advantageous spots, etc. I struggled a little intially, but my increasing familiarity with the maps is helping. I am slowly warming up to the mindset of: stalking from safety, picking targets and maneuvering the fight for a kill, while trying to minimize danger to myself. As I get more comfortable, I plan to take on more risk, and bump up offense.









Occasionally, the zerg still runs over me, but I am starting to feel less helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment