Sunday, May 17, 2009

Searching for the "good fight"

Lately I find myself searching for the last morsel of fun left in the game... the "good fight". The fight where you have to use every tool available in a class along with experience, to scrap for a win. Unfortunately, there are very few of such fights left in the game.

In large scale battles, it's a boring zerg(snooze)-fest. Max CC, max DPS, max healing, ... might as well take 90% of every career's abilities off the hotbars. In skirmishes, there's just too much cheese in WAR's combat and careers. Cheesy moves where one career can hit a key (or two), and faceroll the rest of the way to victory while the opponent is disabled. And since the cheese is so strong, that's the core that people build their groups upon.

Are there any "good fights" left in WAR?



Off I go in my search, while trying not to get steamrolled by cheese. To make matters worse, Mythic transformed me into a crest and gear pinata. Why siege a fortress when they can siege me? I now drop better loot (and with far less effort) than a Fortress or City encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment