Thursday, October 1, 2009

Level 26 thoughts on the Abyss and Rifts

One thing great about the Abyss is that it merges PVE and PVP into a single zone. However, that's not all. It also puts everyone on the server (of all levels) in the same place. Here's an encounter I had with a lvl 37 Templar (10 levels above me) and his friends while I was trying to complete a quest in the Abyss. I was on my way to meet an NPC as part of a quest, and apparently the farther I travel from the starting Fortress, the more likely I am to run into enemies (and PVP). The video shows how much effect level differences have. A few of us lowbies tried our best to scratch at their HP bars, but they bullied us with their level gap and I was forced to retreat.



The next video captures some Rift action. We were completing some quests in Morheim when random rifts opened near us, spilling Elyos into our PVE zone. Similar to the Abyss, the rifts open at the higher level areas in the Zone. I.e., you will be less likely to encounter PVP when you start PVEing in the zone initially, but as you start progressing to higher level quests in the zone, you could find rifts opening next to you and be forced to PVP. The last part of the video shows a swirly vortex thing in the sky and a column of light that some say indicate where rifts open. But nothing happened and I failed to find a rift yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment