Thursday, December 24, 2009

Decoding Aion videos

I just realized that the people who do not play Aion may not be familiar with what's going on in an Aion video. I know I definitely felt that way when I was looking at Korean Aion videos a few months ago. In this post, I'm going to try to provide some info to help non-Aion players decode Aion videos.

The pic on the left shows the class symbols/icons that appear beside a target's HP bar.

A1 - Spiritmaster, B1 - Sorcerer
A2 - Assassin, B2 - Ranger
A3 - Gladiator, B3 - Templar
A4 - Chanter, B4 - Cleric





Below is a labelled screenshot of my UI. In general, what I do in my videos is: strip my target's buffs, apply debuffs, CC (silence, disarm, root, fear, etc), and use pet commands. The only chain skill that I use is a "snare → short stun". Everytime I hit the "snare" ability, my "short stun" indicator pops up to the right of my character.


Bonus vid: another rift adventure in Heiron before dinner yesterday. This time, I popped out at location E on the map in my previous post. The action in the video happened as I was moving from E to F along the north edge of the map. Hopefully the videos make more sense now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment