Friday, April 30, 2010

Global Agenda: Introducing... Assault

I recently got my Assault to max level. This was a class I initially thought I'd never play, but after levelling up a little and unlocking some skills and weapons, I appreciated the damage and the point-and-shoot gameplay of the class. Of all the classes, the Assault plays the most like a traditional FPS: damage damage damage (bombs, guns, rocket/grenade launchers). You have the option to spec for defense so you can take a lot of punishment and be easy to heal, but I specced mine for straight up RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAX SPLASH DAMAGE and equipped the Magma-"Noob"-Lance rocket launcher.

The MagmaNoobLance does a lot of direct damage, some splash damage, and ignites the target with a DOT. In addition to damage, the other nice thing about the rocket launcher is mobility --- find the target, squeeze trigger, and move on while the rocket is in the air. The disadvantages of speccing the Assault for damage are that you're squishy, and it consumes a lot of power. In a few instances in the video below, I had insufficient power to kill the target under my crosshair. Also, my spec is more for solo play, and there are specs that synergize with other classes (like the Medic) better.

I'm not as spry as I used to be and can't really "air-rocket" in this game (yet... :P), but the Assault is fun to log into sometimes for a change, and turn my brain off and pew pew.

No comments:

Post a Comment