Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I heal... sometimes

I just noticed that I don't have any vids of Zealots doing what they're most "famous" for: healing. Here's a video that shows my healing style in a PUG Scenario (Battle for Praag) that had a "zillion engineers" and some back and forth fights.







There's too much damage in this game and I hate being forced to heal. Sometimes I wish I could break away from caring about winning or seeing my teammates die, so that I can actually enjoy doing something other than babysitting everyone's HP bars (while dodging the assist train).

Take this video as an example. It was a scenario so there were even numbers. There was alot of damage and people were dying all around me. If I had done anything other than 100% healing, my team would most probably have lost the Scenario. I'm lucky enough to have the spec and gear to take the Zealot anywhere between max healing and max damage. But in the interest of my team, my Zealot was forced to heal or face defeat.

This is why I feel that the WAR combat environment is not ready for Hybrids yet. The damage in the game forces any Hybrid to heal or watch his team die. This is also the main reason I rarely join warbands or even small groups anymore --- they force my Zealot to heal. The only exception is a group that mostly consists of self-sufficient hybrids.

I would love to see the damage of the game toned down, or more damage mitigation abilities introduced. This would make combat more tactical, melee classes won't get instagibbed, everyone will feel more involved and feel like they have a fighting chance in each encounter, and more playstyles will open up for all classes. And most importantly to me, hybrids will finally have the option to do something other than healing when in a group.

05-30-09 update (Logrin's Forge):



No comments:

Post a Comment